Ann Arbor is a great spot to visit in the winter that will allow you to squeeze in a bit of exercise! The Ann Arbor area is home to a wonderful selection of sledding hills, cross country skiing trails and outdoor ice skating rinks! Below is a list of great spots to enjoy the beautiful outdoors this winter.
- Veterans Park, Ann Arbor: Veterans Park has two seperate sled hills.
- Rolling Hills Park, Ypsilanti: The sled hill is 275 feet in length with a large flat area at the bottom and fenced return paths on either side so you can safely climb the hill and ride again. You can even rent sleds, toboggans and ski equiptment.
- Pinkney Recreation Area: Don't miss out on the Pinkney Recreation Area, known to have more than 5 different trails to explore on cross country skies.
- Dexter-Huron Metroparks: The Dexter-Huron Metroparks are beautiful parks along the Huron River, with great trails to enjoy!
The University of Michigan campus and downtown Ann Arbor are also great areas to explore by foot! More ideas below
- The University of Michigan Central Campus - Don't miss the Law Quad.
- The University of Michigan North Campus - Check out the public arts around every corner.
- Nichols Arboretum - Stroll maintained paths along the Huron River.
- Hunt for Fairy Doors in downtown Ann Arbor - Check out the map at the Sweetwaters at Washington St. and Ashley St.