While downtown Ann Arbor has long been known for its wide variety of delicious restaurants, some of the best kept foodie secrets are the fantastic eateries just outside of the downtown area. We put together a list of 5 awesome ethnic eateries on the North side of Ann Arbor, perfect for lunch, dinner or take out. Next time you have a hankering for something delicious and different, try one of these hidden gems!
- Ayse’s Café Ayse's food encompasses traditional Turkish home cooking with an emphasis on fresh, seasonal dishes, using locally produced ingredients.
- Cardamom Cardamom is an Indian restaurant that seeks to bring together East and West, old and new, familiar and unfamiliar, through food, culture and relationships.
- Curry Up Curry Up has put together a diverse menu of Indian street fare, which offers a change from the ordinary that is not only pleasing to the taste buds, but a healthy alternative as well.
- Exotic Cuisine and Bakeries The owners of Exotic Cuisine and Bakeries focus on home cooking and serving local dishes from their hometown of Jisr ash-Shughur, Syria. Along with Syrian food, they have fancy cakes and pastries with a Middle Eastern flair.
- Seoul Street Described as Asian Fusion, Seoul Street takes familiar Korean recipes and adds a twist. One of the specialties is the Korean-style fried chicken, which is unlike any other fried chicken around and is a must-try dish when you visit.
Pictured: Appetizer Tray at Ayse's Café