2015 was another amazing year for food lovers in Ann Arbor. Despite some sad and surprising departures from the scene, the number of new eateries definitely tipped the scales in foodies’ favor! More than anything, the dining scene in the Ann Arbor area received a number of accolades, including:
- Best Sandwiches in the U.S. — Zingerman’s Deli Reuben Sandwich Food & Wine
- 10 Best Burgers in America — Frita Batidos Chorizo Frita USA Today
- Best Pizza in Unexpected Places — MANI Osteria Food & Wine
- Best 24-Hour Diners in the County — Fleetwood Diner Thrillist
2016 Watch List
- Welcome back, eve! Last year, Eve Aronoff announced the re-opening of her acclaimed restaurant in a new location located across from the University of Michigan’s historic Hill Auditorium at The Bell Tower Hotel. Sure to be the hottest date spot in Ann Arbor — plan a night out for dinner and show!
- One of the more heartbreaking closures in 2015 was Café Marie — a cornerstone of dining on Ann Arbor’s north side for more than two decades. However, our hearts mended a bit when Adam Baru (Mani Osteria and Isalita) announced he was opening his third restaurant at the site. Mikette, will emulate French bistros with a Marseille culinary influence.
- Go! Ice Cream has been delighting locals by delivering (via bike!) its delicious, small batch artisanal confections since 2013. Now with a successful fundraising campaign complete, look for a new Go! Ice Cream classic soda shop featuring a selection of handmade soda and ice cream treats in downtown Ypsilanti this summer!