The following story was published in 2015. For the most curent list of 17 amazing things to do in 2017, view the story here.
2015 is here! In honor of the new year, we're here to help you create your first bucket list for the year. Check out our list of the top 15 things to do in Ann Arbor in 2015.
- Eat at Zingerman's. Seriously, a stop in Ann Arbor is hardly complete without tasting a bit of Zingerman's goodness. Stop by the original Delicatessen or the Roadhouse, or even check out the Coffee Company and Bakehouse over on the South-side of Ann Arbor!
- See a film or concert at the Michigan Theater. Historically renovated and preserved in 2005, the Michigan Theater was first opened in 1928. Don't miss a great film or show in this beautiful theater located in downtown Ann Arbor.
- Explore science and technology hands-on at the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum! Don't miss the new H2Oh! water exhibit.
- Visit the University of Michigan campus! Check out Central Campus, just steps from downtown Ann Arbor. Don't miss a stop by the historic Michigan Union and the Law Quad, home to the beautiful Law Library.
- Catch a show at The Ark. This intimate 400-seat club presents performers who fall into the wide-ranging genres of folk and roots music.
- See a football game at the Big House! The Wolverines play 7 home games this year, catch a game in the largest college stadium in the country.
- Attend the Ann Arbor Film Festival, the longest running independent and experimental film festival in North America. The 53rd annual festival is March 24-29!
- Float down the Huron River by renting a kayak or canoe at Argo Park (May-September).
- Pick up great gifts for those at home at the Kerrytown Market and Shops and Nickels Arcade!
- Visit the Ann Arbor Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings and the Artisan Market on Sundays!
- Take a tour of the JIFFY Mix Factory! Call ahead to arrange free tours to see how your favorite cornbread mix is made.
- Stroll Ann Arbor's Main Street, named one of America's Best Main Streets!
- Attend the Ann Arbor Summer Festival, full of three weeks of world-class music, outdoor films and beer and wine tasting under the summer sun. Mark your calendars for June 12 - July 5.
- Visit the University of Michigan Museum of Art (UMMA). With new exhibits every few months and weekly events, this university art musuem is a must see!
- Check out some of Ann Arbor's newest spots - The Beer Grotto, VinBar, HopCat (opening February), Blimpy Burger (re-opened in their new location), Mezzevino and Bed and Butter!