Hunter House Hamburgers was established in 1952 featuring the original slider – a little hamburger with juicy, sweet onions smashed into the meat and the buns steamed hot.
Our original location, a small, white pill-box diner, is a mainstay on Woodward Avenue, the first paved road in America. It is the oldest continually operating restaurant in Birmingham, Michigan. The name Hunter House dates back to when the road was named Hunter Blvd., before it connected to Woodward Avenue, stretching out from Detroit. In that way, our name is a tribute to the quality of our food and the generations of customers we’ve happily served over the years.
Our butcher, our baker, and our pickle maker all hail from Detroit, Michigan. Hunter House takes pride in supporting our community, through events to feed those less fortunate and donating to local fundraisers. We’re also proud to be consistently named as one of the best restaurants in the Detroit area, the #1 burger in Michigan, and a top burger in the country.