When Erin Klema from The Epicurean Traveler comes to town, we like to take her to visit places throughout Washtenaw County that are doing really special stuff. Luckily, Ann Arbor is a #CatalystofCreativity and tons of culinarians, artists, and entrepreneurs are doing groundbreaking, innovative, and meaningful work throughout the city and beyond.
During Erin's visit in October, we wanted her to see how the Ann Arbor area embraces coffee culture, and puts our own unique spin on a classic cuppa joe. We hope you'll check out her full blog to get her impressions of all these unique caffeination stations! We took her to:
- Literati Coffee (if you haven't ventured to the top floor if this world-famous bookstore, go there right now)
- Poindexter Coffee (totally underrated spot inside the Graduate's instagrammable lobby)
- Argus Farm Stop (pick up some Up North kraut from the Brinery while you're there... and a rice krispy treat from Why Not Pie?. Random combo but they're both so good!)
- Shinola (seriously great place to spend some time on your laptop or just listen to the vinyl 45s spinning)
- Zingerman's Coffee Company (also seriously underratted - located steps from Zingerman's Creamery, where you can get cheesy potatoes on-demand, and Zingerman's Bakehouse, which has THE best chicken salad sandwich in the city)
- Cultivate Coffee + Taphouse (a true gem of our entire county-wide community - Cultivate is a key part of bringing people together in the Ypsilanti area and beyond - for everything from language learning groups to new mama meetups and board game nights to church groups. Plus their chaider is mind-blowing)
- TeaHaus (not a coffee shop... just happens to be one of the most interesting and unique tea shops in the country, run by a world-class tea sommelier - one of six in the world. No big deal)
Click HERE to read Erin's entire post. Which of these spots is your favorite? Any ones you haven't heard of that you're excited to try? Let us know in the comments!
Enjoy our content? Sign up for Destination Ann Arbor's monthly newsletter to have it delivered straight to your inbox!