2017 is here! In honor of the New Year, we're here to help you create your first bucket list for the year. Check out our list of the top 17 things to do in Ann Arbor in 2017.
- Eat at Zingerman's. Seriously, a stop in Ann Arbor is hardly complete without tasting a bit of Zingerman's goodness. Stop by the original Delicatessen or the Roadhouse, or even check out the Coffee Bar and Bakehouse over on the South-side of Ann Arbor!
- See a film or concert at the Michigan Theater. Historically renovated and preserved in 2005, the Michigan Theater was first opened in 1928. Don't miss a great film or show in this beautiful theater located in downtown Ann Arbor.
- Explore science and technology hands-on at the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum. Don't miss the new, redesigned “Toward Net Zero” exhibit focusing on energy efficiency strategies.
- Visit the University of Michigan campus. Check out Central Campus, just steps from downtown Ann Arbor. Stop by the historic Michigan Union and the Law Quad, home to the beautiful Law Library.
- Catch a show at The Ark. This intimate 400-seat club presents performers who fall into the wide-ranging genres of folk and roots music.
- See a football game at the Big House. The Wolverines play 7 home games this year; catch a game in the largest college stadium in the country.
- Attend the Ann Arbor Film Festival, the longest running independent and experimental film festival in North America. The 55th annual festival is March 21 – 26.
- Float down the Huron River by renting a kayak or canoe at Argo Park (May-September).
- Pick up great gifts and souvenirs at the Kerrytown Market and Shops and Nickels Arcade.
- Visit the Ann Arbor Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings and the Artisan Market on Sundays.
- Take a tour of the JIFFY Mix Factory. Call ahead to arrange free tours to see how your favorite cornbread mix is made.
- Stroll Ann Arbor's Main Street, named one of America's Best Main Streets!
- Attend the Ann Arbor Summer Festival, full of three weeks of world-class music, outdoor films and beer and wine tasting under the summer sun. Mark your calendars for June 9 - July 3.
- Visit the University of Michigan Museum of Art (UMMA). With new exhibits every few months and weekly events, this university art museum is a must see!
- Make it a priority to stop by the critter house at Leslie Science & Nature Center. Take advantage of the opportunity to observe and appreciate a variety of native species!
- Experience a customized tour of Ann Arbor on a sixteen-person pedal trolley, provided by High Five Pedal Tours. Visit unique bookstores, notable breweries, outstanding restaurants, or create a tour of your own featuring your favorite stops!
- Check out some of Ann Arbor's newest spots: Siris BBQ and Cigar Lounge, The Session Room, Literati Coffee, The Pretzel Bell, Avalon Hearth and Soul Café, Mikette Bistro and Bar, and the newest edition to the Zingerman’s Community — Miss Kim.
What else would you add to the list? Share your visits with us on social media! #VisitAnnArbor on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!