The Ann Arbor-Ypsilanti Area Tourism Ambassador Program is a multi-faced opportunity to increase regional tourism by inspiring front-line employees and volunteers to turn each visitor encounter into a positive experience. This national, professional training program demonstrates our dedication to promoting our destination as the best, with a high level of commitment to our visitors.
With more than 450 tourism ambassadors already certified in Washtenaw County, CTAs are extending their training to the visitor experience and beyond!
- Airport Ambassadors
- Hotel and Restaurant Staff
- Community Leaders
- Educators and Students
- B&B Proprietors
To become certified as a Ann Arbor-Ypsilanti Area Tourism Ambassador, an individual must complete the required class pre-reading, attend a half-day class, and complete an open-book examination. Upon successful completion, participants will earn the Certified Tourism Ambassador™ designation and recieve a CTA certificate and lapen pin.
In addition to receiving the tools and knowledge to help create a more memorbale visitor experience, you'll recieve these program benefits:
- Freebies and discounts from generous businesses throughout Washtenaw County
- Networking opportunities at CTA social events
- Professional development and skill training
- Potential for increased business or higher tips
- Opportunities for incentives and rewards locally & nationally
The curriculum is delivered through pre-reading and in-class participation including the modules: The Power of Tourism, Discovering our Area, Knowing, Finding and Using Resources, and Exceeding Customer Expectations.
Visit CTANetwork.com and choose Become a CTA to sign-up for a class.
- Select a Program
- Input your Contact Information
- Select a Class
- Submit Payment ($25)
Upcoming Classes :
- September 22, 2016, Washtenaw Community College, 8:30am-1:00pm
- November 3, 2016, Weber's Ann Arbor Hotel, 12:30pm-5:00pm
- February 10, 2017, Eddy Discovery Center, 8:30am-1:00pm
- April 7, 2017, Kensington Hotel, 8:30am-1:00pm
- May 23, 2017, Ypsilanti Public Library, 12:30pm-5:00pm
- July 13, 2017, Holiday Inn Express & Suites West, 8:30am-1:00pm
- September 22, 2017, Hilton Garden Inn, 8:30am-1:00pm
- November 15, 2017, Conor O'Neil's, 8:30am-1:00pm
Dates, locations, and times may change. Private classes for large groups are available!
For current CTAs: Follow the Ann Arbor - Ypsilanti Area CTA Program Facebook page to keep on top of freebies, discounts, networking events, educational opportunities, industry news and more!
Danielle Fergus, CTA
Membership & Certified Tourism Ambassadaor (CTA) Program Manager
Ann Arbor Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
315 W Huron, Suite 340
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104
Ph: (734) 794-0653, FX: (734) 995-7283
Ask me about the Ann Arbor-Ypsilanti Area Tourism Ambassador Program (CTA) and how you and your employees could earn a CTA designation.