Interested in a career in travel and tourism? Discover employment opportunities, including full-time jobs and internships, currently open at Destination Ann Arbor.
Job Title: Social Media and Communications Manager
Reports To: Vice President Marketing Communications
Home office: Ypsilanti
Job Summary: The Social Media and Communications Manager is responsible for managing and supervising various communication initiatives as it relates to promoting the mission of Destination Ann Arbor in areas of press trips, social media, content creation, and other communications projects. Please submit cover letter, resume and salary expectations to HR@annarbor.org.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the lead point of contact in supervising and executing twice-yearly press trips, including management and organization of FAM trips before, during and after.
- As the point person for the twice-yearly press trips, this includes the creation of documents for tracking, coordination of welcome bags and shipping boxes, overseeing transportation requirements, confirming reservation arrangements via the phone and in-person with hotels, restaurants and partners.
- Select suitable events and submit them to the Pure Michigan website.
- Serve as the lead social network administrator of the CVB’s social media activity.
- Develop and implement social media content to post to all social media outlets for both the Destination Ann Arbor and Ypsi Real brands, per the Social Media Content Calendar.
- Supervise and execute the monthly budget for social media boosted posts.
- Spearhead the solicitation of photo permissions through Chute to build our User Generated Content photo library.
- Manage relationships with our followers on all social media accounts, engaging with users, answering questions, and providing value.
- Create content for blogs, news articles, newsletters and other writing projects as assigned.
- Manage software platforms like the User Generated Content Gallery and the Photo Library
Content Creation and Management
- Create and/or facilitate content for blogs, news articles, newsletters and other writing projects as assigned.
- Utilize Flight and other digital asset management tools to properly store, edit, and name photos and videos.
- Additional projects such as photo shoots, video shoots, and other marketing projects as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience, with experience equal to three years or more of social media management in tourism, hospitality sales, marketing or public relations. Emphasis will be placed on those who have worked with the promotion of tourism and those who have social media marketing experience.
- Demonstrated skills with managing a corporate social media presence for an organization, including attaining business goals, growing the community, creating content and other key objectives.
- Working knowledge of Hootsuite, Facebook Page Insights, Twitter Analytics and other digital and social network platforms.
Please check this page often for new opportunities with our organization.