The Ann Arbor-Ypsilanti Area Tourism Ambassador Program is a multi-faceted opportunity to increase regional tourism by inspiring front-line employees and volunteers to turn each visitor encounter into a positive experience. This national, professional training program demonstrates our dedication to promoting our destination as the best, with a high level of commitment to our visitors.
Join over 725 tourism ambassadors already certified in Washtenaw County. Welcome visitors by providing travel info, sightseeing recommendations, and more.
- Airport Ambassadors
- Hotel and Restaurant Staff
- Community Leaders
- Educators and Students
- B&B Proprietors
To become certified as a Ann Arbor-Ypsilanti Area Tourism Ambassador, an individual must complete the required class pre-reading, attend a half-day class, and complete an open-book examination. Upon successful completion, participants will earn the Certified Tourism Ambassador™ designation and recieve a CTA certificate and lapen pin.
In addition to receiving the tools and knowledge to help create a more memorable visitor experience, you'll recieve these program benefits:
- Freebies and discounts from generous businesses throughout Washtenaw County
- Networking opportunities at CTA social events
- Professional development and skill training
- Potential for increased business or higher tips
- Opportunities for incentives and rewards locally & nationally
The curriculum is delivered through pre-reading and in-class participation including the modules: The Power of Tourism, Discovering our Area, Knowing, Finding and Using Resources, and Exceeding Customer Expectations.
Visit CTANetwork.com and choose Become a CTA to sign-up for a class.
- Select a Program
- Input your Contact Information
- Select a Class
- Submit Payment ($25)
- June 6, 2019, 12:30 pm – 5:00 pm, Holiday Inn Express West
- Septmenber 11, 2019, 8:30 am – 1:00 pm, Courtyard by Marriott
- October 24, 2019, 12:30 pm – 5:00 pm, Washtenaw Community College
Dates, locations, and times may change. Private classes for large groups are available!
For current CTAs: Follow the Ann Arbor - Ypsilanti Area CTA Program Facebook page to keep on top of freebies, discounts, networking events, educational opportunities, industry news and more!
Amby Wilbanks, CTA
Workforce Development Liaison
Destination Ann Arbor
106 W. Michigan Ave
Ypsilanti, Michigan 48197
Ph: (734) 483-4444, FX: (734) 483-0400
Ask me about the Ann Arbor-Ypsilanti Area Tourism Ambassador Program (CTA) and how you and your employees could earn a CTA designation.