Due to our proximity to Detroit Metropolitan Airport, there are many affordable and hassle-free options for transportation between Ann Arbor and DTW. We’re a mere 26 miles away, or 30 minutes max in travel time. Here are your transport choices:
- AirRide: This is a new bus service that offers 12 round trips daily to Detroit Metro and back. They drop-off and pick-up at 3 Ann Arbor locations, including the Kensington Court Hotel near the Briarwood Mall, the University of Michigan’s Central Campus Transit Center, and The Blake Transit Center in downtown Ann Arbor. The cost is $12 one-way or $22 round-trip if you reserve your ticket in advance. Check the AirRide schedule and make online reservations at MyAirRide.com. Discounts apply for children and seniors.
- Taxi/Shuttle Service: There are many taxis, shuttles and private cars that specifically operate as airport transportation between Ann Arbor and DTW. See our list of recommended limo or car services and list of recommended taxis.
Getting to - and from - Ann Arbor
If you’re planning a trip from a nearby city, you don’t necessarily need a car of your own. Most major bus and rail services have stations in Ann Arbor:
- Amtrak: The Amtrak Station is located at 325 Depot Street within the city of Ann Arbor. See the Amtrak site for scheduling and tickets.
- Greyhound: The Greyhound Station is located in downtown Ann Arbor at 116 W. Huron Street. See the Greyhound site for scheduling and tickets.
- Megabus: This station is located on the University of Michigan’s campus at the State Street Commuter Parking lot. Tickets can be purchased at the Megabus site.
Getting Around Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor’s downtown area - including the University of Michigan’s campus - are known for being very walkable, but for those looking to make up time or get further out of the city, we have many options that are likely to suit your needs:
- The Ride: Operated by the Ann Arbor Transportation Authority, ‘The Ride’ is a top-notch public transit system, offering over 1500 stops in Washtenaw County. Fare is $1.50 per person. Exact change is needed. Visit TheRide.org for more information.
- Taxi: There are over 20 taxi cab service providers in Ann Arbor. See the full list.
- Car Rental: If you need to rent a car during your visit to the Ann Arbor area, there are several companies that can assist you. Many have multiple locations so you can get exactly what you need, where you need it. For a full list of rental car agencies in the area, click here.
- Zipcar: Zipcar is a national car-sharing service that allows you to reserve and rent cars by the hour or day without the hassle of a traditional car rental. Cars are located all around Ann Arbor. Zipcar members can reserve cars online then swipe their card at the vehicle to unlock doors. Gas and insurance are included. See Zipcar map for locations.
- Limousines: There are many limousine providers in the Ann Arbor area. Many provide airport transportation as well as transportation to and from the surrounding areas for special events. See the full list.